Papers of S.G. Dunn
Papers of S.G. Dunn, consisting of:
- Notebooks as an undergraduate at Jesus College, Oxford, 1898-1902
- Pocket diaries, containing brief entries, with some details of journeys made in India, 1924-1930, and South Africa, 1935
- Notebooks containing notes and drafts, n.d.
- Notebook containing vocabulary of, and notes on, Hindi, n.d.
- Volume containing Latin and Greek verse exercises by pupils at Eton, ca. 1770-1785
- Journal of a tour in the Wye valley by G. Fisk, 1821
- Album of extracts in prose and verse belonging to Mrs Henry Windle, early 19th century
- Album of photographs of the Windle family of Walsall, Staffordshire, 19th-20th century
- 19th-20th cent.
Language of Materials
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. d. 615].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. d. 615-617, d. 625, e. 564-567, f. 384-391; Top. Oxon. e. 387-401
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10432
Biographical / Historical
Stanley Gerald Dunn (1879-1964) was Professor of English literature at Allahabad, India, and Witwatersrand, South Africa. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45408-38.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were bequeathed by S.G. Dunn in 1964.
- 19th century
- 20th century
- Diaries -- 20th century
- Dunn | Stanley Gerald | 1879-1964 | English Scholar
- Eton College
- Fisk | George | fl. 1821
- Hindi language
- India -- Description and travel
- South Africa -- Description and travel
- University of Oxford | Jesus College
- Windle | - | fl. 1800-1840 | wife of Henry Windle
- Windle | family | Walsall Staffordshire
- Wye, River, Valley (Wales and England) -- Description and travel
- Papers of S.G. Dunn
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description