Papers of H.H. Joachim
Lectures and notebooks of H.H. Joachim, including material relating to Aristotle, Plato, metaphysics, logic, Kant, Descartes and Epicurus.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. d. 272].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. d. 272-278, d. 1133-1150
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13763
Biographical / Historical
Harold Henry Joachim (1868-1938) was Wykeham Professor of Logic at Oxford. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45238-46.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1942 and 1979.
- 20th century
- Aristotle | 384-322 BC | Greek philosopher
- Descartes | Rene | 1596-1650 | French mathematician, scientist, and philosopher
- Epicurus | 341-270 BC | Greek philosopher
- Joachim | Harold Henry | 1868-1938 | Philosopher
- Kant | Immanuel | 1724-1804 | German philosopher
- Lectures and lecturing
- Plato | ? 428-? 348 BC | Greek philosopher
- University of Oxford
- Papers of H.H. Joachim
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description