Microfilms of Manuscripts of Aeschylus
Microfilms of manuscripts of Aeschylus, with a few other Greek texts: collected by Professor M.L. West, with the aid of a research grant from the British Academy, for use in the preparation of his Teubner edition of Aeschylus.
- 20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Film 1839].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Film 1839-57
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7021
Biographical / Historical
Martin Litchfield West (b 1937), classical philologist, is a Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The microfilms were given to the Library by Professor M.L. West with the concurrence of the British Academy in 1990.
Existence and Location of Copies
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Film 1839 - Cambridge, University Library
- MSS. Film 1840-4 - Florence, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana
- MS. Film 1845 - Milan, Biblioteca Ambrosiana
- MS. Film 1846 - Naples, Biblioteca Nazionale
- MSS. Film 1847-9 - Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale
- MS. Film 1850 - Rome, Biblioteca Vallicelliana
- MS. Film 1851 - Salamanca, University Library
- MSS. Film 1852-6 - Vatican City, Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- MS. Film 1857 - Venice, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana
M.L. West, Studies in Aeschylus (Stuttgart: Teubner, 1990).
- Microfilms of Manuscripts of Aeschylus
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description