Papers of Eric Taverner
Papers of Eric Taverner relating to angling. The collection includes:
- Typescript drafts, with manuscript additions, of a history of angling in Britain from the 15th to the 19th century
- Typescript articles, drafts and fair copies, mainly on angling, 1935-1945
- Correspondence of Taverner mainly relating to angling, 1916-1955
- Fishing books, with notes on angling, and a few photographs, 1923-1942
- Notes on salmon fishing by A.B. Russell, n.d.
- 20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 773].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 773-778, e. 1303-1309, f. 762; Eng. lett. c. 515
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13930
Biographical / Historical
Eric Taverner was an angler.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45028-42.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1974.
- Papers of Eric Taverner
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description