Papers of the Paget and Thompson Families
Papers of the Paget and Thompson families, including:
- Diaries of Mary Maude Paget, daughter of Sir James Paget, 1895-1899
- Albums of photographs, 19th cent.
- Diaries of J.M. Thompson, mainly of holiday tours, 1891-1936
- Sketch-books of J.M. Thompson, containing watercolour, pen and pencil sketches, 1901-1927, n.d.
- 19th-20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 748].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 748-751, d. 1174-1180, e. 1217-1235, f. 655-668, g. 232-233; Autogr. e. 14; Eng. lett. c. 495-498, d. 477
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13734
Biographical / Historical
Paget and Thompson families. The Thompson family included James Matthew Thompson (1878-1956), historian and Fellow of Magdalen College, Oxford. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 44937-88.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library, 1974-1975.
- Papers of the Paget and Thompson Families
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description