Papers of C.H. Pearson
Correspondence and papers of C.H. Pearson, consisting of:
- Letters to Pearson, 1850-1894
- Letters to other members of the Pearson family, 1872-1926
- Miscellaneous papers of Pearson, 1851-1894, many relating to Oxford University
- Papers relating to The collected mathematical papers of H.J.S. Smith, ed. J.W.L. Glaisher (Oxford, 1894)
- Corrected proofs of C.H. Pearson, History of England in the early and middle ages (London, 1867)
- Miscellaneous papers
- Notes of lectures by Pearson
- Notes by Pearson on historical subjects
- Photograph album, 19th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. b. 74].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. b. 74-75, c. 386, d. 593-598, f. 380; Eng. lett. d. 186-192
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 9809, 9875, 9889
Biographical / Historical
Charles Henry Pearson (1830-1894) was a colonial minister and historian. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 42698-714.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1962.
- Papers of C.H. Pearson
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description