Deeds Collected by G.J. Dew
The deeds comprise:
- an account of the sum charged on each parish in Ploughley Hundred, Oxfordshire, for the land tax of 1772
- articles of agreement touching the debts of Henry Villiers of St. Martin in the fields, London, deceased
- tolls from a lighthouse at Tynemouth, Northumberland, 1714
- a financial settlement by the Earl of Jersey, 1711
- two King's Bench summonses, 1773
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. D.D. Dew c. 37].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. D.D. Dew c. 37-8
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12895
Biographical / Historical
George James Dew (1846-1928) lived in Lower Heyford, Oxfordshire. Some of his diaries relating to village life, and the poor law, have been published.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given to the Library in Oct. 1968, June and Nov. 1973. Most deeds relating to other counties have been sent to the relevant County Record Offices.
- Deeds Collected by G.J. Dew
- Susan Thomas
- Language of description