Papers of Francis Sydney Marvin
Papers of Francis Sydney Marvin and of his wife Edith, consisting of:
- Letters to F.S. Marvin, 1884-1936
- Letters from 'M' [F.S. Marvin] to Elsie [Franklin], 1929-1930
- Letters to Edith Marvin, 1896-1937
- Papers and letters of Edith Marvin relating to family endowment schemes in Australia, 1919-1926
- Miscellaneous papers and photographs, 1881-1902
- Handlist of the letters in the collection, compiled by Gillian Sutherland
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. lett. c. 257].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. lett. c. 257-268, d. 248-265, e. 104-110; Eng. misc. b. 95, c. 470, c. 483
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13810
Biographical / Historical
Francis Sydney Marvin (1863-1943) was an educationalist and historian. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41281-320.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1967.
- Papers of Francis Sydney Marvin
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description