Miscellaneous papers of the Baillie Hamilton family of the Isle of Wight and Putney, Surrey
Miscellaneous papers of the Baillie Hamilton family of the Isle of Wight and Putney comprising:
- the marriage settlement of Peregrine Charles Hamilton of Pankhurst, Isle of Wight, and Mary Elizabeth Way of Newport, Isle of Wight, 1848
- administration, with the will annexed, of Peregrine C. Baillie Hamilton, 1867
- probate of the will of Mrs. Elizabeth Baillie Hamilton, with a deed of arrangement and release relating to her will
- miscellaneous receipts, including some for the funeral expenses of Mrs. Elizabeth Baillie Hamilton, 1874-6
- two volumes of accounts of the executors and trustees of the will of Charles John Baillie Hamilton, sometime MP for Aylesbury, 1865-76.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. misc. c. 682].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. misc. c. 682-4
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12772
Biographical / Historical
Baillie Hamilton family of the Isle of Wight and Putney, Surrey.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given to the Library in 1977.
- Miscellaneous papers of the Baillie Hamilton family of the Isle of Wight and Putney, Surrey
- Susan Thomas
- Language of description
- Script of description