Microfilms of the papers of Charles Robert Wynn-Carrington, Marquess of Lincolnshire
Microfilms of the papers of Charles Robert Wynn-Carrington and of his wife Cecilia (d 1934), with earlier family papers, including those of Robert John Carrington, 2nd Baron Carrington (1796-1868) and of his wife (Cecilia) Augusta (d 1879), consisting of:
- Diaries of Lady Lincolnshire, 1877-1933
- Diaries of Lord Lincolnshire, 1888-1918
- Miscellaneous papers, 1783-1928
- Australian material, 1867-1916
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Film 1097].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Film 1097-1153
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13539
Biographical / Historical
Charles Robert Wynn-Carrington, Marquess of Lincolnshire (1843-1928) was a politician, details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were filmed 1972-3.
Existence and Location of Copies
The originals are in private ownership.
- 20th century
- Carrington | Augusta | d 1879 | Wife of 2nd Baron Carrington
- Carrington | Robert John | 1796-1868 | 2nd Baron Carrington
- Diaries -- 19th century
- Diaries -- 20th century
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Wynn-Carrington | Cecilia | d 1934 | Wife of Marquess of Lincolnshire
- Wynn-Carrington | Charles Robert | 1843-1928 | Marquess of Lincolnshire
- Microfilms of the papers of Charles Robert Wynn-Carrington, Marquess of Lincolnshire
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description