Correspondence of James Wilson and Family
Correspondence of James Wilson and family, concerning political, literary and family matters, 1840-1924. Correspondents include Walter Bagehot, Richard Cobden, Lord Palmerston, Joseph Parkes, and Lord Radnor.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. lett. d. 468].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. lett. d. 468-9
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13485
Biographical / Historical
James Wilson (1805-60) was a politician and economist.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought by the Library, John Wilson (Autographs) Ltd., Sept. 1979.
- 19th century
- 20th century
- Bagehot | Walter | 1826-1877 | economist and journalist
- Bouverie | William | Pleydell- | 1779-1869 | 3rd Earl Radnor | politician
- Cobden | Richard | 1804-1865 | statesman and businessman
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century
- Parkes | Joseph | 1796-1865 | politician
- Temple | Henry John | 1784-1865 | 3rd Viscount Palmerston | statesman
- Wilson | James | 1805-1860 | politician and economist
- Correspondence of James Wilson and Family
- Susan Thomas