Papers of F. Tyrwhitt-Drake, of Shardeloes, Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Tyrwhitt-Drake's papers, consisting of:
- Documents relating to the Garsington, Oxfordshire, estate, 1515-1847, including Stoke Talmage, Chippinghurst, chiefly 18th century, when it belonged to the Wickham family
- Oxfordshire estate papers, 1550-early 19th century, mostly Finmere
- Papers relating to the execution of Dr. Radcliffe's will, of which William Drake, became a trustee in 1759, 1714-95
- 2 maps of the parish of Garsington, late 17th century
Language of Materials
English and Latin
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. D.D. Tyrwhitt].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
D.D. Tyrwhitt-Drake a. 1, c. 1-3
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13415
Biographical / Historical
F. Tyrwhitt-Drake was of Shardeloes, Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were deposited in the Library in 1956.
- 16th century
- 17th century
- 18th century
- 19th century
- Chippinghurst (England)
- Drake | William | fl 1759-1795
- Finmere (England)
- Garsington (England)
- Oxfordshire (England)
- Radcliffe | John | 1650-1714 | Physician
- Stoke Talmage (England)
- Tyrwhitt-Drake | F | fl 1956 | of Shardeloes, Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Wickham | family | Stoke Talmage, Chippinghurst
- Papers of F. Tyrwhitt-Drake, of Shardeloes, Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description