Microfilms of Manuscripts of Sophocles
Microfilms of manuscripts of Sophocles, with a few other Greek texts: collected by Dr R.D. Dawe, for use in the preparation of his Studies on the text of Sophocles (3 vols., Leiden, 1973-8) and of his Teubner edition of Sophocles (2 vols., Leipzig, 1975-9, 2nd edn. 1984-5).
- 20th cent.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Film 1858].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Film 1858-76
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7022
Biographical / Historical
Dr Roger David Dawe has published works relating to Greek literature.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The microfilms were given to the Library by Dr R.D. Dawe in 1990.
Existence and Location of Copies
The originals are located as follows:
- MSS. Film 1858-61 - Florence, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana
- MS. Film 1862 - Heidelberg, University Library
- MS. Film 1863 - Leiden, University Library
- MSS. Film 1864-70 - Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale
- MSS. Film 1871-3 - Vatican City, Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- MS. Film 1874 - Venice, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana
- MS. Film 1875 - Vienna, Österreichische Nationalbibliothek
- MS. Film 1876 - Zagreb, University Library
- Microfilms of Manuscripts of Sophocles
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description