Records of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society
Minute books, accounts, correspondence and papers of the Society.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. Dep. c. 586].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
Dep. c. 586-94, c. 600, d. 510-556, d. 558-560, e. 263-268, f. 59-64
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13672
Biographical / Historical
The Society was founded in 1839 as The Society for Promoting the Study of Gothic Architecture. It was renamed The Oxford Architectural Society in 1848 and was refounded as the Oxford Architectural and Historical Society in 1860. In 1972 the Society was renamed the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society (OAHS) when it merged with The Oxfordshire Archaeological Society.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were deposited by the committee of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society, 1978-9.
- Records of the Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description