'The Miscellany', Magazine
'The Miscellany', 1867-1873. The contributors include W.T. Arnold, A.C. Bradley, Selwyn Image, Andrew Lang, and W.H. Mallock. Later numbers, 1873-1875, were printed.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Don. d. 96].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Don. d. 96-101, e. 35
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7820
Biographical / Historical
Edith Marion Bradley and Daisy Bradley, later Margaret Louisa Woods (1856-1945), were both writers, who edited the magazine 'The Miscellany'. Details for Margaret Louisa Woods are given in Who Was Who.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 39058-64.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The magazines were given to the Library through the Friends of the Bodleian in 1951.
- 19th century
- Arnold | William Thomas | 1852-1904
- Bradley | Andrew Cecil | 1851-1935 | Literary Critic
- Bradley | Edith M | fl 1867-1873
- Image | Selwyn | 1849-1930 | Artist
- Lang | Andrew | 1844-1912 | Scholar, Folklorist, Poet, and Historian
- Mallock | William Hurrell | 1849-1923
- Woods | Margaret Louisa | 1856-1945 | Writer
- 'The Miscellany', Magazine
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description