Letters and Photographs of Louis MacNeice
Letters and photographs of Louis MacNeice, including:
- Letters from Louis MacNeice to his family, 1911-1940, n.d.
- Two inscriptions to Mary Beazley (later MacNeice), apparently torn from an unidentified printed book
- A copy of the inscription in A.T. Quiller-Couch Early English Lyrics (Arch. H e. 144)
- A list compiled by MacNeice's father, J.F. MacNeice, of schools and colleges attended by his children, and childhood illnesses and vaccinations, n.d. (but no entries later than 1938)
- A photographic triptych of Louis and Elizabeth MacNeice, , with a studio portrait by Glaman of MacNeice, probably taken when he was an undergraduate, c. 1926-1929.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Don. c. 197].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Don. c. 197, Photogr. b. 15
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10664
Biographical / Historical
Louis MacNeice (1907-1963) was a poet and dramatist.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought with Arch. H e. 144, from Didi Hopkins, and given to the Library by the Friends of the Bodleian in 1997.
- Letters and Photographs of Louis MacNeice
- Susan Thomas