Microfilms of Greek Manuscripts containing Isocrates Orationes
Microfilms of Greek manuscripts, 13th and 15th century, containing Isocrates Orationes.
- 20th cent. (originals dated 13th and 15th cent.)
Language of Materials
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Film 1961].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Film 1961-3
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13762
Biographical / Historical
Isocrates (436 BC-338 BC) was a Greek rhetorician.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given to the Library in 1994.
Existence and Location of Copies
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Film 1961 - Florence, Biblioteca Riccardiana, MS. 12, fols. 23r-98v
- MS. Film 1962 - Munich, Bayerische Staatbibliothek, Cgm 224.
- MS. Film 1963 - Venice, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana, Gr. 415, coll. 859.
- Microfilms of Greek Manuscripts containing Isocrates Orationes
- Susan Thomas
- Language of description
- Script of description