Some miscellaneous papers relating to English history in the 17th and 18th cent., 17th-18th cent.
- (fol. 2) Draft of a proposed reversion of the attainder of the Earl of Strafford, June 1641.
- (fol. 29) Letter on prayers for the Dead by the author of a Discourse recently published, to -- Lloyd, dated Angers, 23 Aug. 1727: beg 'Dear Sir, I had last night the favour of yours.'
- (fol. 47) 'The lord treasurer Burleis Directions to his sonne Robert when he was a youth ...,' i.e. about 1580.
- (fol. 65) Catalogue by Carte of the Percival papers, 1627-47.
- (fol. 75) 'Dr. Souths sermon [on Gal. ii. 5] against Comprehension,' 4 Aug. 1710.
- Creation: 17th-18th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 206
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10651.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)