Papers on Parliamentary subjects, 17th cent.
- (fols. 2, 26) treatises on Parliament, one imperfect, the other by Sir R. Cotton
- (fol. 56) speeches and petition in the Parliament of 1640
- (fol. 92) Sir R. Cotton's Discourse about alteration of coin at the Council, 2 Sept. 1626
- (fol. 107) treatises on losses in the revenue ( beg. 'That first the Kinge and Crowne')
- (fol. 125) on tithes (beg. 'A prohibicion grounded vppon this suggestion')
- (fol. 148) on the Court of Star Chamber ( beg. 'As in the goverment of all Common wealthes').
- Creation: 17th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Carte 119
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10564.
- From the Collection: Butler | James | 1610-1688 | 1st Duke of Ormonde | soldier and statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Carte | Thomas | 1686-1754 | historian (Person)
- From the Collection: Davies | Sir | John | 1569-1626 | Knight | Attorney General of Ireland and Poet (Person)
- From the Collection: Fitzwilliam | Sir | William | 1526-1599 | Knight | Lord Deputy of Ireland (Person)
- From the Collection: Middleton | Charles | c. 1650-1719 | 2nd Earl of Middleton | statesman (Person)
- From the Collection: Montagu | Edward | 1625-1672 | 1st Earl of Sandwich | admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Nairne | David | fl 1720 | Secretary to the Pretender (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Philip | 1613-1696 | 4th Baron Wharton (Person)
- From the Collection: Wharton | Thomas | 1648-1716 | 1st Marquess of Wharton (Person)