Notes, accounts, enclosures and printed books relating to the Somerville and Fairfax families, 1801-1832 and n.d. [c.1850-c.1873]
Dep. c. 378
Held at the Weston Library
- Household accounts kept by Jane Williamson Ramsay, 1825-1832
- Notes, probably by Martha Somerville, regarding the friendship between her mother and Sir John Herschel, and their correspondence, n.d. [c.1873]
- Description of a fireworks display in a garden at the gate of the Piazza del Popolo, probably by Martha Somerville, n.d. [?c.1850]
- Fragment of a list of biological terms in Mary's hand, n.d. [c.1850]
- Envelopes and enclosures, apparently formerly used to hold documents, n.d.
- Envelope and enclosure labelled 'Margaret Graham - died Wednesday [?] September 1838 was buried at Kilbride the following Wednesday', containing a lock of hair, n.d.
- The Naval Chronicle, Vol. V, Jan - Jul 1801, containing 'Biographical Memoirs of Sir William George Fairfax, Knt.' and other articles, bound and entitled 'Memoirs of Admiral Sir William Fairfax and of Captain Riou'; annotated copy of printed 'Genealogies of the Fairfaxes', n.d. [c.1871]. 'Mrs Somerville....1871' on flyleaf.
- Creation: 1801-1832 and n.d. [c.1850-c.1873]
1 box (7 folders)
Language of Materials
Dep. c. 378