Papers of William Somerville, mainly relating to his travels, 1795-1818 and n.d.
Dep. c. 377
Held at the Weston Library
- Folder MSWS-1: journal kept by William Somerville during his Army service as Assistant Surgeon, 3 May-6 Jul 1795; incomplete account of his career between 1795 and 1805 by William Somerville, n.d.; letter from William Somerville to his daughter, Martha, presenting to her a rosary which he had acquired in 1795, 4 Feb 1848
- Folder MSWS-2: account by William Somerville of his time at the Cape of Good Hope as Assistant Resident Commissioner at Graaff Reynett, 1800
- Folder MSWS-3/1-2: account by William Somerville of his work and travels in South Africa, 1801-1802 [2 folders]
- Folder MSWS-4: appointment of William Somerville as Assistant Resident Commissioner at Graaff Reynett, n.d. [c. Apr 1800]; notes on ‘Caffirs’ and African customs, n.d. [c.1802]; account of a visit to Sicily, n.d. [c.1805?]; incomplete account of a tour or tours of France, Switzerland and Italy, n.d. [1817-1818 and possibly other dates]
- Creation: 1795-1818 and n.d.
1 box (4 folders)
Language of Materials
Dep. c. 377