Correspondence and papers of the Fairfax, Greig, Somerville and Williamson Ramsay families, 1812-1893 and n.d.
Dep. b. 232b
Held at the Weston Library
(formerly part of Dep. b. 232)
- Folder MS3FP-1: letter from Mary to [her future sister in law], Montgomery Williamson, welcoming her into the family, 18 Oct 
- Folder MS3FP-2: letters from Mary to Sarah, Lady Fairfax [her sister in law and her brother's second wife], regarding the illness and death of Henry, Lord Fairfax, 1860. (One letter dated 25 Jan 1859 should be 1860.)
- Folder MS3FP-3: letter from Henry, Lord Fairfax, to his son, Henry, 1 Mar 1852; letter from Mary to her nephew, [Thomas Fairfax], 25 Nov 1870
- Folder MS3FP-4: letter from Mary to Elizabeth [Williamson] Ramsay, 7 Sep 1866
- Folder MS3FP-5: letters from [Mary's brother], Henry, to Montgomerie [Williamson], later his wife, 1829, and a Form of Proclamation of marriage, also recording their marriage, 10 and 15 Jan 1830
- Folder MS3FP-6: letters from Henry Fairfax to his sisters in law, Elizabeth and Jane [Williamson] Ramsay, [1851?]-1852 and n.d.
- Folder MS3FP-7: letters received by Elizabeth [Williamson] Ramsay from Woronzow and Agnes Greig, 10 Apr 1857 and 5 Jul 1861
- Folder MS3FP-8: letters from Elizabeth Mary [Fairfax] to her brother, Henry, 1853 and n.d.; letter from Henry [Fairfax] to his father, [Sir Henry], 23 Dec 1856
- Folder MS3FP-9: letters received by [Henry Fairfax] from Elizabeth and Jane [Williamson Ramsay], n.d. [1856?]. (One incomplete.)
- Folder MS3FP-10: letters from Thomas [Williamson] Ramsay, probably to E[lizabeth Williamson Ramsay], 1 Nov 1864, and to Sir William Fairfax, 16 Sep 1865
- Folder MS3FP-11: letter from [?] Buchan to Thomas Williamson, offering himself as a prospective son in law, 20 Aug 1829
- Folder MS3FP-12: letter from Julia V. Head, [Lady Head], to Jane Williamson Ramsay, 7 Oct 
- Folder MS3FP-13: correspondence and papers relating to Fairfax genealogy, 1888-1893 and n.d.
- Folder MS3FP-14: letters received by Woronzow Greig from his aunt, Julia, and his cousins, Julia and Jane, in St Petersburg, 1852-1853
- Folder MS3FP-15: notebook kept by [Mary's mother, Margaret Charters Fairfax], 1812-1822
- Folder MS3FP-16: 'Short Memorandum of the Services of the late Vice-Admiral Sir William George Fairfax', n.d. [c.1836]; certificate of probate of the will of Sir William George Fairfax, 8 Mar 1814
- Folder MS3FP-17: letters from [Sir] H[erbert] Taylor, [Military Secretary and later Private Secretary to William IV], to Lt Col [Henry] Fairfax, regarding promotion and the possible award of a baronetcy, 1827-1835
- Creation: 1812-1893 and n.d.
1 box (17 folders)
Language of Materials
Dep. b. 232b