Papers by Dickinson and others concerning the proposals for a League of Nations, 1914-1918
MS. Eng. Hist. c. 402
Including folder containing:
- (fol. 2) Proposals for reducing the number of future wars, by Viscount Bryce, revised to 24 Feb 1915
- (fol. 12) same as amended after receipt of criticisms, Aug 1915
- (fol. 28) same amended, Nov 1915
- (fol. 44) same amended, Jun 1916
- (fol. 60) 'Introduction', a paper on the desirability of an International Union, n.d.
- (fol. 69) Memorandum by Graham Wallas, 8 Feb 1915
- (fol. 73) letters from A. Lawrence Lowell to G. Lowes Dickinson concerning the League to Enforce Peace, 17 Aug 1915
- (fol. 75) letter from Theodore Marburg to E. Richard Cross, 28 Sep 1915
- (fol. 81) 'Notes on a few of the suggestions already made towards a means of regulating international relations', n.d.
- (fol. 89) 'Suggestion for University study groups to investigate the problem of international relations', n.d.
- (fol. 94) 'Notes on Lord Bryce's memorandum' by E. Richard Cross, 27 Nov 1914
- (fol. 97) Lord Bryce's Notes 'When the war comes to an end', 
- (fol. 100) G. Lowes Dickinson's Notes, n.d.
- (fol. 112) Arthur Ponsonby's Notes, 1914
- (fol. 125) Graham Wallas's Notes, n.d.
- (fol. 132) Lord Bryce, 'Memorandum on Mr. J. A. Hobson's Notes', 1915
- (fol. 135) Mr. J. A. Hobson's Notes , (fol. 141) 'Notes on Lord Bryce's Memorandum', n.d.
- (fol. 145) draft circular, being an abstract of a speech made by H. H. Asquith in Dublin, 25 Sept 
- (fol. 149) Summary of replies to the Proposals for the Avoidance of War, 
- (fol. 179) Quotations from leading statesmen on the subject of international relationships after the war, 1916
- (fol. 184) 'Plan of a League of Nations', ; (fol. 193) 'A League of Nations', by W. H. Dickinson, 1917
- (fol. 198) 'A League of Nations Now', 1918
With papers by W. H. Dickinson, 1918, including:
- (fol. 203) letter to the Editor of 'Outlook', Jan
- (fol. 209) address to the Huddersfield Liberal Association, 2 Feb
- (fol. 233) 'Liberalism and a League of Nations; address to the London Liberal Federation, 11 Jun
- (fol. 247) Preface a paper on the need for a League of Nations
- (fol. 251) paper entitled 'Liberalism and a League of Nations'
- (fol. 255) paper entitled 'Reduction of Armaments'
MS. Eng. Hist. c. 402