MS. Photogr. c. 502
Photographs, many of which were used in Kenneth Franklin's article, "A short sketch of the Oxford Medical School"
- (fol. 11) George Rolleston (1829-1881), physiologist, photograph of a sketch, endorsed, 'Fig 1', for above article [originally in Acland file]
- (fol. 12) 'The "tin shed" etc' in which Arthur Thomson taught anatomy until 1893, with the Physiological Laboratory in the background, endorsed, 'Fig 2' for above article [originally in Anatomy file]
- (fol. 13) Arthur Thomson at work in the "tin shed", anatomy classrooms; endorsed, 'Fig 3', for above article
- (fols. 14-15) two photographs of Arthur Thomson and others in the ?anatomy classrooms, [1890s]
- (fols. 16-18) a group of students and lecturers outside the Physiology Laboratory, 1894, including Sir Henry Acland, Burdon-Sanderson, John Scott Haldane, M.S. Pembrey, E. Farquhar Buzzard and Ernest William Ainley-Walker, endorsed, 'Fig 4', for above article; with key to the photograph and related postcard from Sir E. Farquhar Buzzard to Franklin in which Buzzard identifies himself in the photograph, 8 Aug 1936
- (fol. 19) John Burdon-Sanderson (1828-1905), pathologist, taken by Miss Acland, Oxford, 1894; endorsed, 'Fig 5', for above article
- (fols. 20-1) John Burdon-Sanderson, cabinet print, probably taken by Miss Acland, Oxford, 1894
- (fols. 22-3) John Burdon-Sanderson, cabinet print, Elliott and Fry, London, [?1880s]
- (fols. 24-5) John Burdon-Sanderson, cabinet print, Russell & Sons, London, [1890s]
- (fols. 26-7) John Burdon-Sanderson, cabinet print, photographer unknown, n.d.
- (fol. 28) James Ritchie (1864-1923), pathologist, endorsed, 'Fig 6', for above article [originally in Pathology file]
- (fol. 29) The Nuffield Institute for Medical Research, formerly the Radcliffe Observatory, endorsed, 'Fig 7', for above article
- (fol. 30) Arthur Thomson (1858-1935), anatomist, in later life, sketching outdoors, n.d. [originally in Anatomy file]
- (fol. 31) 'Henry Acland's Library, Broad Street, Oxford'
- (fol. 32) 'Leper Hospital of St. Bartholomew, Oxford' (modern photograph of a drawing), n.d. [originally in Oxford Medicine file]
MS. Photogr. c. 502