Dunn School: Notebook 3, Oct 1983-Jul 1984
Notebook covers experiments including:
- Experiment 208: Patient data in the hand of Peter Winship (DPhil student); also patients with haemophilia A or with fragile X.
- Experiment 210: Plasmids in Legionella? (with John Tobin). None detected.
- Experiment 213A: Karyotype of Goss hybrid (with Ted Evans).
- Experiment 213B: Experiments with HAE-6 hemagglutinin expressing clone (with Alain Townsend and Andrew McMichael) - also experiments 228, 229 and 232 (Southern blots) successful. 3-7 copies of HA inserted.
- Experiment 213C: E. coli library attempt (failed) and following.
- Experiment 223: RFLP analysis of carriers (theoretical).
- Experiment 225: Influenza NP expression in oocytes (with Coleman and Davey, Univ. Warwick). Comparison with IM Jones' (post-doctoral researcher) NP expression construct. See also experiment 230 with Ian Jones and Keith Gould [V.K is Vroni Knott, Brownlee's assistant, Joyce Huddleston having left].
- Experiment 227: Factor VIII pig amino acid sequence data. (Brownlee was considering cloning the factor VIII gene.)
- Experiment 238: E. coli cosmid libraries with pTM and pDJ (modified by DJGR, Jaspar Rees) -first experiment. Successful. (See insert on p.95 in Vroni Knott’s handwriting), also experiment 251A, 252, 258 (overlap 1, 2, 3 and 4) and experiment 266.
- Experiment 264: Use of pATX (in house derivative of pAT/PvuII/8) for cloning.
- Summary: Many different experiments on factor IX, the influenza HA (useful) Goss Harris hybrids (not useful), and cosmid cloning of E coli genome (useful). Have given up on sorting the X chromosome to make cosmid libraries.
- Oct 1983-Jul 1984
Conditions Governing Access