Fragmentary papers and notes, 1930s-1980s
- fragmentary notes and papers including on Arrian, Equestrian officers made senators by Vespasian, Adlecti, Josephus, Herod and 'Three Jurists'
- miscellaneous correspondence
- amended typescript on 'Fiction about Roman Jurists'
- 'Proconsuls d'Afrique sous Antonin le Pieux' and 'Les Proconsuls d'Afrique sous Hadrien', offprints from Revue des Études Anciennes
- 'The Enigma of Calvisius Ruso' article by E. Birley from Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und Epigraphik
- 'Union and Division' offprint from Acta Antiqua
- review of 'Arrian of Nicomedia' by S. Hornblower from The Classical Review
- author's proof copy (amended) of 'Guard Prefects of Trajan and Hadrian'
Conditions Governing Access
Some material is closed.