Foreign Office papers, Dec 1945-1947
Held in our offsite storage facility
Original files, mainly relating to the Soviet Union, Romania and Java, and to international relations in 1946:
- 'H.E. Stolen Documents' - contains part of copy of telegram from Ernest Bevin to Lord Halifax regarding the Soviets' cooperation in the handling of the matter of Atomic energy, 4 Dec 1945, and related notes.
- Clark Kerr's files relating to the Allied Commission to Romania, Dec 1945-Jan 1946: 'Records of Meetings', 'American Records', ' Personality Reports', 'Assurances'; British Legation, Bucharest 'Sir Archibald Clark Kerr, Copies of OUT telegrams', 'Sir Archibald Clark Kerr, Copies of IN telegrams'.
- 'Sir A. Clark Kerr. Original Drafts of Telegrams' [Jan 1946].
- 'Sir A. Clark Kerr, Personal'. Some telegrams personally addressed to Clark Kerr [Jan 1946].
- Clark Kerr's files relating to his diplomatic mission to Java during the Indonesian War of Independence, Feb-Mar 1946: 'Introduction of Dutch troops into Java. Withdrawal of British Troops. Bali landing' and ' Van Mook and Sjahrir, Talks with Sir A Clark Kerr'.
- 'Washington' - miscellaneous correspondence, 1946, mainly about Clark Kerr's transfer from his post in Moscow to his new post in Washington.
- '1946 British Embassy, Washington, Windsor: Duke of' [actually contains draft letters by Clark Kerr about his plans to leave Washington after the legislation for the Marshall Plan has gone through, .
- Dec 1945-1947
Language of Materials