Articles and related research papers and notes, 1970-1986, n.d.
MS. Eng. c. 7839
Held at the Weston Library
- Article 'It's a Nomad Nomad NOMAD world', Vogue, Dec. 1970
- Article 'Timbuctoo', published as 'Gone to Timbuctoo', Vogue, 1970, and later reprinted in Vogue Bedside Book edited by Jonathan Ross, 1984. Also later included in Anatomy of Restlessness: Uncollected Writings.
- Article 'The Mechanics of Nomad Invasions', History Today, May 1972
- Caption to Chatwin's photograph of Mauretanian iron shack for The Sunday Times Magazine, 1972
- Review "The road to the isles" of Robert Louis Stevenson by James Pope-Hennessy in The Times Literary Supplement, Oct. 1974
- Pamphlet The Man's Relation to Man: Program of The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation. Used as research for article on the Guggenheim family for The Sunday Times Magazine, Oct./Nov. 1974
- The Sunday Times Magazine containing article 'On the Road with Mrs Gandhi', Aug. 1978, with typescript copy of a telegram from Chatwin to Ron Hall concerning Indira Gandhi, n.d.
- Review 'In Natasha's trunk' of The Russian Album by Michael Ignatieff for The New York Review of Books, Sept. 1987
- Proofs of review 'The anarchists of Patagonia' of Los Vengadores de la Patagonia by Osvaldo Bayer for The Times Literary Supplement, Dec. 1976
- Review 'The anarchists of Patagonia' of Los Vengadores de la Patagonia by Osvaldo Bayer for The Times Literary Supplement, Dec. 1976
- Note listing Chatwin's articles for The Sunday Times Magazine articles, c.1978
- Review 'Abel the Nomad' of Desert, Marsh and Mountain by Alfred Thesiger for The London Review of Books, Nov. 1979
- Review 'An aesthete at war' of Diaries, volumes I-III by Ernst Jünger, edited by Christian Bourgois for The New York Review of Books, Mar. 1981
- Article 'Donald Evans' for The New York Review of Books, May 1981
- Draft article 'Lisa Lyons' [published as 'Body Building Beautiful: Lisa Lyons and Robert Mapplethorpe'] in The Sunday Times Magazine, Apr. 1983?]
- Article 'An Eye and Somebody' in Lady: Lisa Lyon by Robert Mapplethorpe (1983).
- Article 'A place to hang your hat', for House and Garden, 1984
- Article 'Les Apocalypses', for Lettre Internationale, Winter, 1984/5
- Article 'Rock's world', for The New York Times Magazine, Mar. 1986
- Proofs of article on Konstantin Melnikov for House and Garden, Jan. 1988
- Article 'The last hunters of the Sahara: The nemadi of Mauretania' for an unidentified publication, with notes on nemadi, n.d.
- Lecture, delivered in Barcelona[?] and possibly unpublished in English[?], 'Muerte de las Vanguardia?', n.d.
- Article 'The Family of Christ' for unidentified publication, n.d.
- Creation: 1970-1986, n.d.
Language of Materials
MS. Eng. c. 7839