Young European Democrats (YED), 1976-1982; 1986-1988
- CCO 506/21/19 - Assorted papers and correspondence, including organisation constitution, circulars, meeting minutes, reports, discussion papers. File also includes material related to the Young European Federalists (YEF), 1976-1978;
- CCO 506/21/20 - Assorted papers and correspondence, including minutes and circulars. File also includes material related to YEF-UK, 1976-1982;
- CCO 506/21/21 - File on joint seminars with similar European youth organisations, 1981 [some folios have been closed];
- CCO 506/21/22 - Assorted papers and correspondence, including YED national directory, 1986-1988;
- CCO 506/21/23 - Press release and speech extract from Geoffrey Howe MP related to the [re]launch of YED, 1988.
- Creation: 1976-1982; 1986-1988
1 box (5 folders)
Language of Materials
Biographical / Historical
Young European Democrats (YED) was an organisation for young people in the Conservative Party with an interest in international affairs. It was described as an umbrella organisation of Young Conservatives and Federation of Conservative Students (FCS) for international and pro-European work. YED was first founded in 1976, but ceased to exist by the early 1980s. A second iteration of the organisation, with the same name but seemingly presenting itself as an entirely new organisation, was founded in 1988.