Original drawings and illustrations, 1863; 1940s-1960s and n.d.
MS. Opie 334
- Folder 1: Two pen and colour wash sketches by Raphael Tuck for Henry Hemsley, 'Horace and the B.B.C.', n.d. [before 1952].
- Folder 2: Sketchbook containing pen and ink drawings by Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon, 'The Comic Alphabet Illustrated’, accompanying 'A was an archer and shot at a frog…' etc., c.1863 [Prize-winner at Union Exhibition, Toronto 1863]. Another manuscript of this work is held in the Osborne Collection of Early Children’s Books at Toronto Public Library.
- Folder 3: Pencil sketch of small pigs ‘Pinky and Perky’ playing musical instruments, intended for a series of painting books for young children, n.d.
- Folder 4: Nine colour illustrations, signed Riley, of young children dressed as Royal Air Force personnel, for a proposed picture book, n.d. [c.1940-1950]
- Folder 5: Five drawings in colour and black and white, by Roland D. Smith, and seven photocopies, c.1963, with related correspondence.
- Folder 6: Original designs and illustrations for children's picture books, n.d. [c.1940s-1960s]
- Folder 7: Original illustrations and cover designs for children's picture books, n.d. [c.1940s-1960s], including cover design for 'Little Noddy Village' for self-assembly [Enid Blyton].
- 1863; 1940s-1960s and n.d.
1 box (7 folders)
MS. Opie 334