Personal documents, correspondence and memorabilia, 1902-1989
MS. Braun 11
Held in our offsite storage facility
- Folder 1: Personal documents including a birth certificate issued in Montevideo, Uruguay, 1903; copy of certificate of baptism, 1903; leaving certificate Chamissoschule Berlin, 1922; university diploma Handels-Hochschule Berlin, 1928; job reference, 1932; PhD certificate Friedrich Wilhelms-Universität zu Berlin, 1935; copy of doctoral thesis 'National- und Imperialprotektorismus in England', Berlin 1935; and a German passport, 1989.
- Folder 2: Typescript 'Plaudereien aus der Kinderzeit', Gisela Weber's childhood memoirs, 1972; reminiscences and drawings of childhood homes in Montevideo, Jassy and Gut Klosterhof; correspondence with Thomas Braun regarding childhood memoirs.
- Folder 3: Drawings, verse and writings c. 1910-1959, including illustrations for Hedwig Weber's writings, drawings and verse for family events, short stories.
- Folder 4: Drawings, verse and writings, 1960-1987 and n.d., including drawings and verse for family occasions; sketches from travels; sketches of the Braun's family home at Copse End; and illustrations for Fritz Reuter 'Ut de Franzosentid'.
- Folder 5: Letters to Hildburg and Konrad Braun, 1945-1947.
- Folder 6: Letters to Hildburg and Konrad Braun, 1954-1989.
- Folder 7: Letters to Hedwig Weber in Woodbrooke, Selly Oak, 1947-1949.
- Creation: 1902-1989
1 box (7 folders)
Language of Materials
MS. Braun 11