Miscellaneous papers, 1833-9
- Miscellaneous papers for 1833 (list by Clarendon).
- Various papers
- 27 June 1838, Sir George Villiers to Baron Carondelet (?) (Copy)
- 13 and 20 Apr. 1839, Dal Borgo to Villiers
- 29 Mar. 1839(?) J. Lacy to General Cabrera (Copy).
- Part of a letter, William Hervey to Clarendon, n.d.
- 27 Dec. 1838, Lyons to Villiers
- 6 July 1839?, Poulett Thomson to Clarendon
- 4 Jan. 1839, Clarendon to H.R.H. the Duke of Sussex (draft)
- 19 Nov. 1837, Despatch, Villiers to Palmerston, No. 325 (Copy). Translation of speech by Don Carlos enclosed with Despatch 325. Enumeration of atrocities committed in last 6 months enclosed with despatch No. 325.
- 16 Apr. 1839, Ofalia to Clarendon. Two letters Frias (?) to Clarendon
- 5 Jan. 1839, Viardus to Clarendon. Convention for reciprocal abrogation of discriminating duties in the ports of Great Britain and Spain (between King of England and Queen of Spain) (draft)
with a few other miscellaneous papers.
Folder 3. Contains many miscellaneous letters nearly all for 1836-1837. (There is a [Clar.] list of 1837 papers on top of one packet.) They include those listed above and also letters to and from Thiers, Spanish Ministers, Col. Wylde, Lt. Turner, and Lord Lansdowne, as well as many others of varying interest and importance
- Various papers
- 3 Oct. 1833, Villiers to Lord William Russell (death of King of Spain). (Copy)
- Two notes in Villiers' hand on Stratford Canning's instructions on Spain and Portugal (1832-33)
- Oct.-Nov. 1836, Correspondence with and concerning Mr. Ivers (correspondent of the Morning Post in Madrid).
- 16 June 1836, Villiers to General Evans (Copy).
- 14 Jan. 1836, Villiers to Lord Howard de Walden (Copy)
- 16 Dec. 1836, Eyre Crowe to Villiers
- 11 May 18--? Eyre Crowe to Villiers
- 20 May 1836, Duke of Wellington to Villiers
- 5 Feb. 1836, J. B. Renery (?) to Villiers (investigation of trade possibilities in Spain)
- 23 Mar. 1836, M. B. Honan to Villiers
- 4 Jan. 1837, Villiers to Thiers. (Copy)
- Creation: 1833-9
Language of Materials
MS. Clar. dep. c. 470