Papers and Correspondence: Group Meetings, Jun-Dec 1991
Comprises papers and correspondence of Harald Rømer relating to arrangements for Group Meetings held Jun-Dec 1991 [some folios have been closed].
- Catherwood, Sir Fred, MEP for Cambridge and North Bedfordshire;
- Dasgupta, Amit, First Secretary, Embassy of India in Brussels;
- Inglewood, 2nd Baron (Richard Fletcher-Vane), MEP for Cumbria and Lancashire North;
- O'Hagan, 4th Baron (Charles Strachey), MEP for Devon;
- Oreja Aguirre, Marcelino, Spanish MEP;
- Newton Dunn, William, MEP for Lincolnshire;
- Prout, Christopher, MEP for Shropshire and Stafford and Chairman, European Democratic Group;
- Reid, Alan, Deputy Secretary-General, European Democratic Group;
- Simpson, Anthony, MEP for Northamptonshire and South Leicestershire.
- Eastern Europe, contacts with emerging political parties;
- Eastern Europe, political and economic crisis;
- Economic and Monetary Union;
- European Community, institutional reform and treaty change;
- European Parliament, business at plenary sessions;
- Karyn Smith, imprisonment in Bangkok for drug smuggling;
- Political Union.
- Summary points of a speech by Norman Lamont, 'British Objectives for Monetary Integration in Europe', 30 May 1991;
- Extract from a speech by Douglas Hurd, 31 May 1991;
- Text of speech by Robert Moreland on the work of the Economic and Social Committee, 3 Jul 1991;
- Text of speech by Norman Lamont on the Exchange Rate Mechanism, 1 Nov 1991;
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office summary of a speech by Douglas Hurd, 'The European Community in a Wider Europe', 5 Nov 1991;
- Text of speech by Bryan Cassidy, 'A Single European Currency Before the Year 2000?', 7 Nov 1991.
- Jun-Dec 1991
1 box (2 folders)
Language of Materials
Includes papers in Danish and French.
Divided across two folders and arranged in reverse chronological order.