Material on woodpeckers, 1878-1969
Held in our offsite storage facility
Papers and correspondence relating to woodpeckers, including:
- manuscript entitled 'Woodpecker-drumming: the case for orthodoxy', n.d. [1940s?]
- manuscript entitled 'The Woodpecker's Tattoo', n.d. [1940s?]
- correspondence regarding woodpecker drumming and boring, including from M. Barclay, Rev. F.L. Blathwayt, Florence E. Briggs, F.C. Butters, A.D.M. Cox, H.A. Gilbert, B.M. Goode, E. Hardy, E.C. Hope Hall, Julian Huxley, Oswald H. Latter, Nat Tracey, F.J. Wacker, 1930-1938, 1969
- 'Barham House Register' notebook, mainly bird observations (very few entries in the volume), 1899-1947
- small notebook labelled 'Nuthatch' containing notes on nuthatches and other birds, 1913-1924
- map of North Devon annotated with starling flights, 1931-1933
- poem entitled 'A Melody of Spring', n.d.
- postcard and greetings card with images of birds, n.d.
Language of Materials
A.H. Cox, Box 6