Anthropological papers, 1926-1927, n.d.
- (Fols. 1-13) Rough notes, with a typed copy, on Agbani, Enugu Division, 25-27 May 1926
- (Fols. 14-15) Two draft reports (1) on the Aro organisation (2) on the Awka guild of travelling blacksmiths, n.d.
- (Fols. 16-23) 'Preliminary Remarks, at School of Economics Anthropological Society, to a paper on Direct and Indirect Rule', 25 Nov 1926
- (Fols. 24-27) Draft of a report for the period 1 Apr-20 Jun, c. Jul 1927
- (Fols. 28-29) Draft of Annual Report, 1927
- (Fols. 30-49) Draft of a paper entitled 'Discussion of Aro origins and the basis of the widespread Aro influence', n.d.
- (Fols. 50-112) Draft and two typed copies of a Second Report on Aro, to supplement the above, n.d.
- (Fol. 113) Note to the Secretary on the reports on Aro, n.d.
Comprises reports by Mathews to the Secretary, Southern Provinces, and other papers connected with his work as Anthropological Officer:
- 1926-1927, n.d.
Language of Materials
MSS. Afr. s. 783 box 3, file 4