Command Papers, 1888-1897
- Item 1: "Treaties relating to or affecting Zanzibar and the Countries lying Inland" (proof copy), .
- Item 2: Africa No. 6 (1893). Paper respecting the Traffic in Slaves in Zanzibar [C.-7035], 1893.
- Item 3: Africa No. 6 (1895). Correspondence respecting Slavery in Zanzibar [C.-7707], 1895.
- Item 4: Africa No. 7 (1896). Correspondence respecting Slavery in the Zanzibar Dominions [C.-8275], 1896.
- Item 5: Africa No. 1 (1897). Instructions to Mr Hardinge respecting the Abolition of the Legal Status of Slavery in the Islands of Zanzibar and Pemba [C.-8394], 1897.
- Item 6: List of these and other Command Papers on Slavery bequeathed by Lugard to Margery Perham for her use, n.d.. Only those annotated by Lugard or, in one case, in another hand, have been retained in this collection. Many of his notes refer to the use he made of them in revising The Dual Mandate.
Language of Materials
MSS. Lugard 98/6