De republica Anglorum: the manner of government or policy of the realm of England, late 16th century
De republica Anglorum: the manner of government or policy of the realm of England. Begins, "Of the dyversitie of common welthes or govermentes. They that have written heretofore." and ends, "in gyvinge counsell for the better administracion therof."
- Creation: late 16th century
Language of Materials
MS. Tanner 253
Other Finding Aids
Alfred Hackman, Catalogi codicum manuscriptorum Bibliothecae Bodleianae pars quarta codices viri admodum reverendi Thomae Tanneri, STP, episcopi Asaphensis, complectens (Oxford, 1860; reprinted with corrections, 1966), no. 253.
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10079.
On paper, in folio
- From the Collection: Sancroft | William | 1617-1693 | Archbishop of Canterbury (Person)
- From the Collection: Tanner | Thomas | 1674-1735 | Bishop of St Asaph and antiquary (Person)
- From the Collection: Allin | Sir | Thomas | 1612-1685 | Knight | Admiral (Person)
- From the Collection: Lenthall | Sir | William | 1591-1662 | Knight | Speaker of the House of Commons, Master of the Rolls (Person)