Free Photographic Omnibus project, Mar 1972-4 Sep 2020, n.d.
Comprises material relating to the entire journey of the Free Photographic Omnibus, 1973-1974, a double decker bus converted by Meadows into a living space, dark room and portrait studio. Material includes:
- Applications for financial assistance and papers relating to funds and insurance for the bus
- Vintage prints used to exhibit in the bus windows and for the press
- Modern prints for circulation and the press
- Outlines of Meadows' proposal and plans, with newsletter updates
- Exhibition papers
- Correspondence with family, regional and national arts associations and others
- Mock ups and plans of the bus and it's conversion design
- Costing sheets and budgeting notes
- Write ups of experiences touring the Free Photographic Omnibus
- Papers related to Meadows first book about the tour, Living like this - around Britain in the seventies (1975)
- Digitised audio of interviews tape diary recordings made by Meadows, with or reflectiong on the people and places he met and photographed.
- Mar 1972-4 Sep 2020, n.d.
Language of Materials
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Meadows 50-61; MSS. Meadows digital 10-27