Miscellaneous papers, chiefly Adversaria (notes, extracts, etc.), by archbp. Sancroft, written in the 17th century chiefly by archbp. Sancroft
Miscellaneous papers, chiefly Adversaria (notes, extracts, etc.), by archbp. Sancroft, arranged by the rev. W. D. Macray and bound in 1877. The chief items are:
- (fol. 1) 'Archæologia Judaica';
- (fol. 40) 'S. Barnabæ Epístola transcripta e codice MS. [Græco] Biblioth. (Florentinæ) since printed';
- (fols. 98, 188) Notes towards a Lexicon Veteris et Novi Testamenti, in Hebrew, Greek, etc.;
- (fol. 218) Form of reconciliation for a pervert from Christianity to Mohammedanism;
- (fol. 234) Note by Anthony Wood, 1685;
- (fol. 236) List of the MSS. at All Souls College;
- (fol. 238) List of contents of more than 200 volumes of pamphlets.
- Creation: written in the 17th century chiefly by archbp. Sancroft
Language of Materials
MS. Sancroft 135
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 10436.
9 5/8 × 7 3/4 in.