Correspondence and Press Releases, Jul 1994-Apr 1997
Comprises correspondence of Tom Spencer, arranged as follows:
- CCO 508/1/13 - Tom Spencer press releases file, Jul 1994-[Apr] 1997;
- CCO 508/1/14 - Group and policy-related correspondence and memoranda, Jul 1994-Dec 1995;
- CCO 508/1/15 - General and constituency correspondence, Jul 1994-Dec 1995.
- Baali, Lamine, UK Representative, Polisario Front [CCO 508/1/15];
- Brooker, George, Leader of London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council [CCO 508/1/15];
- Hartmann, Andreas, EPP (European People's Party) Group Secretariat [CCO 508/1/14];
- Kim, Yoon-Whan, Chairman, Democratic Liberal Party of South Korea [CCO 508/1/14];
- Newton-Dunn, Bill, former MEP for Lincolnshire [CCO 508/1/14];
- Stevens, John, EPP (European People's Party) Group Secretariat [CCO 508/1/14];
- Taylor, John Mark, MP for Solihull [CCO 508/1/15];
- Veranneman de Watervliet, Jean-Michel, Minister Plenipotentiary, Embassy of Belgium [CCO 508/1/14];
- Wade of Chorlton, Baron (Outlon Wade), Conservative peer [CCO 508/1/15];
- Arrangements for visits to the European Parliament;
- Enquiries about employment opportunities (including Curricula Vitae) [CCO 508/1/15];
- Europe Conference, held 7-8 Jul 1995 [CCO 508/1/14];
- Group administrative and financial matters;
- Heathrow Airport - proposed terminal 5, [CCO 508/1/15];
- Memorial address for Sir James Scott-Hopkins, [CCO 508/1/15].
- Proposals for a European Union Carbon Dioxide/Energy tax [CCO 508/1/14];
- Speaking engagements and social functions.
- Press release: 'Spencer Sets Out Reigate Rules for European Debate', 6 Feb 1995 [CCO 508/1/13];
- Minutes of the British Section Bureau Meeting, Strasbourg, 19 Jul 1994 [CCO 508/1/14];
- Keynote Speech given in Strasbourg, 'Towards a Europe that works, and that's at work', 22 Jul 1994 [CCO 508/1/14];
- Notes on a meeting with John Gummer, 31 Oct 1994 [CCO 508/1/14];
- Memorandum from John Stevens, 'Information Supply: How Conservative MEPs can Multiply their Political Power', 23 Nov 1994 [CCO 508/1/14];
- 'The European Parliament and the Intergovernmental Conference', paper by Tom Spencer, 16 Feb 1995 [CCO 508/1/14];
- 'Memorandum 37', Tom Spencer, n.d. [Oct 1994]. The memoranda discusses the division of leadership responsibilities between himself and Sir Henry Plumb, leader of the Conservatives in the European Parliament, as well as the result of the German Election and Finnish Referendum, [CCO 508/1/14].
- Jul 1994-Apr 1997
1 box (3 folders)
Language of Materials
Includes correspondence in French and German.
Conditions Governing Access
Some material (CCO 508/1/14 and CCO 508/1/15) is closed.
Contents arranged by subject matter in reverse chronological order.