Notebook of Lord North, c.1600-1612
Notebook of Lord North, containing:
- (fols. 3-8) 'Heroical epistle. Leander to Hero';
- (fols. 10v-24) lists of names connected with domestic and foreign affairs;
- (fols. 72v-71 rev.) dissertation, 'Ignis est elementum callidissimum';
- (fols. 70v-69v rev.) five poems, probably on the death of a friend;
- (fols. 68v-9) list of expenses on a ceremonial occasion;
- (fols. 57v-26 rev.) thirty-five poems, composed c.1612, all except three printed in A forest of varieties (London, 1645).
- Creation: c.1600-1612
Language of Materials
MS. North adds. e. 1
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, no. 49363.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought with the aid of a grant from the fund administered by the Victoria and Albert Museum, Sotheby's, 29 Oct. 1975, lot 149.
Limp vellum wrappers