Letters addressed to Dr. Martin Lister, chiefly on scientific subjects, written in 1671-1710
MS. Lister 37
Held in our offsite storage facility
Letters addressed to Dr. Martin Lister, chiefly on scientific subjects, 1671-1710; the volume contains nearly complete indexes of writers and subjects. The chief writers are:
- Aston, Francis, 1681-1709 (fol. 156);
- Bobart, Tilleman, 1701-1705 (fol. 39, etc.);
- Bulkeley, sir Richard, 1686-1707 (fol. 36);
- Charlet, Dr. Arthur, 1698-1709 (fol. 72, etc.);
- Delaune, Dr. William, June 4, 1705 (fol. 86);
- Flamsteed, John, 1702-1703 (fol. 59);
- Lhuyd, Edward, 1689-1702 (fol. 23, etc.);
- Mander, Dr. Robert, July 9, 1701 (fol. 37);
- Musgrave, William, 1683-1709 (fol. 164);
- Place, John, 1693-1708 (fol. 21, etc.);
- Robinson, Tancred, 1683-1710 (fol. 17, etc.);
- Sloane, sir Hans, 1707 (fol. 107, etc.);
- Smith, Dr. Thomas, of Magdalen College, Oxford, 1704-1710 (fol. 81, etc.).
- written in 1671-1710
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Lister 37
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 25266.
Presented by Dr. George Fothergill to the Ashmolean Museum on March 16, 1759: see the Register of Convocation for April 14 of that year.
13 1/2 × 8 7/8 in.