Extracts from the works of, and MSS. relating to, John Wycliffe, Written about 1620-1638 by Richard James
Extracts from the works of, and MSS. relating to, John Wycliffe, including:
- P. 1. 'Propositiones sive conclusiones quas Johannes Wikllef publice praedicavit', from Walsingham's History
- P. 15. a biographical note 'ex quodam MS. libro Londini sub propria manu Thome Gascoigne S.T.D... . mihi hoc excerptum dedit mr. Brianus Twine'
- Followed by forty-five articles of Wycliffe from the Oxford junior proctor's book otherwise known as 'registrum C', in the University archives (p. 17), and notes from MS. Bodl. 282 = the University register 'FF'
- P. 53. extracts from the works of William Woodford against Wycliffe, in MS. Bodl. 703
- Followed by (p. 113) excerpts from printed books
For some of the numerous shorter extracts see the table of contents in a later hand on pp. vi-vii.
- Creation: Written about 1620-1638 by Richard James
Language of Materials
MS. James 12
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol II no. 3849
8 3/10 × 6 1/5 in.