Greek treatises, Written in the 15th century
Greek treatises, including:
- P. i. Πάππον 'Αλεξανδρέως αυναγωγὼν [βιβλíον] τρíτον...: followed by the 4th book (p. 49), 5th (p. 97b), 6th (p. 164), 7th (p. 226), and 8th (p. 370): a large number of diagrams occupy pp. 417-563; there are also late notes, partly in pencil.
- P. 565. Θεοδοσíου περí οíκὴσεων.
- P. 585. Θεοδοσíου περí νυκτwν kαἱ ὴμερ͡ων,
- P. 653. Αύτολύκου περί κινούμένης σφαίρας.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century
Language of Materials
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
MS. Savile 3
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6550
Bequeathed by Dr Peter Turner, who died in Jan. 165 0/1: probably claimed for the Savile library in 1655.
13 × 9 1/2 in.