Catalogues of MSS. in public and private depositories, Written by Sir William Dugdale, 1640-1680
Catalogues of MSS. in public and private depositories:
- Fol. 5. 'Catalogus quorundam manuscriptorum in bibliotheca Cottoniana existentium anno domini MDCLXV°', with index at fol. 38
- Fol. 40v. MSS. in the Lambeth palace library
- Fol. 42. MSS. in the custody of the vice-chamberlains of the Exchequer
- Fol. 42v. conspectus of muniments as sorted by Dugdale at Grimsthorpe, 1644, at that time in the possession of the earl of Lindsay, for a few of which see Hist. MSS. Comm. Rep., vol. 66 (earl of Ancaster's MSS. at Grimsthorpe)
- Fol. 45. 'MSS. libri historici in biblica publica Cantabrigiae'
- Fol. 47. 'list of the miscellaneous books of the Exchequer remayning in the large house neare to the Exchequer Court at Westminster in the custody of the Remembrancers, A.D. 1642'
- Fol. 54. 'Catalogus registrorum omnium modo existentium per totam Angliam (domibus religiosis quondam spectantium) et in quorum manibus'
- Fol. 67. a catalogue of books given to the College of arms by Thomas Povey, esq., 1678
- Fol. 67v. a catalogue of MSS. in the Arundel library
- Fol. 68. 'a perfect catalogue of the most memorable things contained in those xv bookes [lettered A-O], covered with russet lether, which were brought from Sheffield (the antient seat of the earles of Shrewsbury) and given to the Herauld's office by the most noble duke of Norfolk, mense Maii, 1680', with lists of armorial and genealogical rolls, of the Arundel MSS. presented to the college by the duke of Norfolk (for which see the catalogue by C. G. Young, 1829, privately printed), and MSS. intended by the duke for the same but taken to Gresham college
- Fol. 82. 'Anglicanae Historiae Scriptores in lucem nuper editi'
- Creation: Written by Sir William Dugdale, 1640-1680
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Dugdale 48
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 6536
7 3/5 × 6 in.