Historical collections, Written about 1660-1692 by Anthony à Wood and others
Historical collections (12th-17th centt.) by Wood and others chiefly relating to the university and colleges of Oxford:
- Fol. 1. Extracts from the Convocation registers, 1535-1692, as specified according to the old pagination in Wood's Life and Times, ed. A. Clark, iv. 134-5
- Fol. 125. copies of an order in Council in a dispute between the university and the town, June 22, 1612, a petition of the university to Parliament, 1625-6 (fol. 133), and a protest against the Laudian statutes (fol. 137)
- Fol. 147. shorter notes, as specified in Huddesford's Catalogus Lib. MSS. Ant. à Wood, p. 46, artt. 5-17
- Fol. 235. extracts in divers hands, including notes from MSS. at C.C.C., and from the Merton college accounts, 13th-15th centt. (fol. 242)
- A copy by Wood of James II's letter on toleration to the Privy council of Scotland, dated at Windsor Aug. 21, 1686 (fol. 256)
- Courteney family notes, 1567-1622, from the fly-leaves of a French MS. in Bodley given by mr. Jos. Maynard, S.T.B., i.e. MS. e Mus. 65 (fol. 260), and extracts, 13th-17th centt., from the Merton college register (fol. 265)
- Creation: Written about 1660-1692 by Anthony à Wood and others
Language of Materials
- Multiple languages
MS. Bodl. 594
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 8562
From fol. 235 to the end is not in the O.C. nor Huddesford, and probably did not originally belong to this volume, which was identified as no. 8562 by mr. Andrew Clark in 1889. Fol. ii has 'Ex dono Thome Rawlins Armigeri de Pophills Com. Warwic. an. 1737'. Fol. vi is an original certificate (Dec. 2, 1678) testifying that A[nthony]. W[ood]. has taken the oath of allegiance.
8 3/10 × 6 1/10 in.