Church notes by Ralph Sheldon and Anthony à Wood, Written 1675-1683 by Ralph Sheldon and Anthony à Wood
Church notes by Ralph Sheldon and Anthony à Wood for:
- Berkshire (Alden, Bisham, Purley)
- Derbyshire (Tideswell)
- Gloucestershire (Addesthorp, Bourton on the Hill, Bledington, Bradwell, Campden, Pershore, Quainton, Saintbury, Todenham, Welford)
- Kent (Burling, Bromley, Canterbury, St. Dunstan's, North Fleet, Peckham East, Raynham, Sevenoaks, Sterry, Sutton)
- Lincolnshire (Corby, Grantham, Irnham)
- Northamptonshire (Apthorpe, Blatherwick, Bulwick, Harringworth, Long Marston, Steene, Towcester, Welton)
- Oxfordshire (Steeple Barton, Chinnor, Chastleton, Churchill, Chadlington, Eynston, Glympton, Hook Norton, Kingham, Ricote, Little Rollright, Rowsham, Swinbrook, Spelsbury, Sarsden, Swerford, Sommerton, Sherborn, Whitfield, Whit-church-on-Thames)
- Somerset (Bristol, Chewton under Mendip, Glastonbury, Wells)
- Surrey (Chertsey, Cobham)
- Warwickshire (Barcheston, Cherington, Honington, Salford Abbots)
- Worcester (Addermarston, Batesford, Daylesford, Evenlode, King's Norton)
Fols. 17-24, 27-39 are by Anthony à Wood. There is an index locorum by Sheldon on fol. 145.
(fols. 111-44v are blank)
- Creation: Written 1675-1683 by Ralph Sheldon and Anthony à Wood
Language of Materials
MS. Wood C. 10
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 8551
Sheldon's motto 'in posterum' is on fol. ii.
- For the Oxfordshire notes see Parochial Collections of Wood and Rawlinson edited by the rev. F. N. Davis for the Oxfordshire Record Society (1920-9).
7 1/2 × 6 in.