Papers relating to the publication of lord Clarendon's Life and other Clarendon MSS., Written in 1758-1823
Papers relating to the publication of lord Clarendon's Life and other Clarendon MSS., 1758-1823: among which are:
- Fol. 5a. an inventory of the papers relating to the publication of the Life as delivered by the rev. Thomas Randolph to the Secretary of the Clarendon Trustees, 20 Oct. 1823
- Fols. 8, 24, 26. three letters of Catherine marchioness of Queensberry, 1758-59
- Fol. 22. a letter from the marquis of Queensberry, 17 Nov. 1759
- Fol. 29. an account of the cost of printing the History and (fols. 32, 52) the Life
- Fol. 42. a MS. and proof of the Preface to the Life (1759), with an account of the original MS. (MS. Clarendon 123)
- Fol. 50. an account of MS. Clarendon 112, the History
- Fol. 66. a schedule of Clarendon Papers in the 'Scrutoire' and Chest of the 1st earl, marked as bundles A-Z, AA-ZZ, AAA-ZZZ, AAAAKKKK, etc. in the escritoire, and A-Z, AA-ZZ, AAA-DDD in the chest, with additional lists of MSS. in a bureau, trunk, iron-bound box, etc.
- Fols. 103, 112. papers about Clarendon's MS. 'Religion and policy' (see MS. Clarendon 125), 1729 and 1809
- Creation: Written in 1758-1823
Language of Materials
MS. Clarendon 124
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. III, no. 16210
14 3/8 × 9 3/8 in.