Collections relating to Amounderness in Lancashire and Extracts, Written chiefly in 1627-1629 by Roger Dodsworth, written in 1632 by Roger Dodsworth
MS. Dodsworth 149, 1627-1629, 166 leaves: Collections relating to Amounderness in Lancashire from documents belonging to:
- Fol. 1. John Osbaldeston, son of sir Edward Osbaldeston, kt., relating to the manors of Balderston (fol. 17) and Osbaldeston (fols. 1, 21), Elswick, Little Singleton (Banastre family), and other lands in Amounderness hundred, with pedigrees of Farrington-Osbaldeston to 1629 (fol. 58v), Lathom, Stanley, earl of Derby (fol. 59v), and Harrington (fol. 62)
- Fol. 63. Richard Westmore, being a copy of the foundation charter in his possession of the cell of St. Mary's, Lancaster
- Fol. 68v., Richard Critchlow of Rigmaiden House, Claughton, in the possession of Sylvester Ingram of Preston, 1632, concerning the manor of Heigham in Garstang
- Fol. 73. Robert Plessington of Dimples, relating to Claughton in Garstang
- Fol. 75. William Travers of Nateby, esq., relating to Out Rawcliffe and Garstang
- Fols. 79, 103. Hugh Rigby, esq., escheator, being notes from a duchy of Lancaster extent made before William Lawrence and William Blaby, 20 Ed. iii
- Fol. 85v. Thomas Kirkby of Rawcliffe, concerning Great Eccleston and Rawcliffe, 13th to 16th cent.
- Fol. 114. William Butler of Rawcliffe, concerning the Butlers of Warrington
There are also:
- church notes at Rufford and notes of the Hesketh family (fol. 81)
- pedigrees of Bellingham to 1628 with notes from evidences of sir James Bellingham (fol. 103), Tildesley and Sherburn to 1636 (fol. 106), and Hoghton, Skillicorne, and Travers to 1635 (fol. 107)
- extracts from the Cockersand chartulary penes Thomas Dalton of Thurnham, esq., and from rentals of Cockersand (temp. Hen. vi) in the custody of Richard Westmore (fol. 122)
- copies of deeds of Robert Strickland of Sizergh, esq., co. Westm., concerning Beetham (fol. 134)
- extracts from a chartulary, written 5 Hen. iv, of Booth of Barton, penes Roger Dodsworth, 1630 (fol. 150)
The volume, including the index nominum at fol. ix, is written by Roger Dodsworth throughout.
MS. Dodsworth 150, 1632, 151 leaves: Extracts from:
- Fol. 1. patent rolls 12 Hen. viii-21 Eliz.
- Fol. 65. inquisitions 5 Hen. vii-24 Eliz., from a book of Yorkshire tenures-in-chief lent to Dodsworth in 1632 by Thomas Wood, esq., escheator
- Fol. 137. by Yorkshire pedigrees from Archer, from Glover's visitation of 1585
There is an index nominum by Dodsworth at fol. v.
- Creation: Written chiefly in 1627-1629 by Roger Dodsworth, written in 1632 by Roger Dodsworth
Language of Materials
MSS. Dodsworth 149, 150
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, nos. 5090-5091
MS. Dodsworth 149: ('T')
MS. Dodsworth 150: ('TT')
- MS. Dodsworth 149: See also Hunter's Three Catalogues , artt. 3-5, 9, 13, 18.
8 1/5 × 6 1/10 in.