Latin poetry, written perhaps in the first quarter of the 16th cent. in Italy
- (fol. 1). Colophon:--'Pontani poete liber explicit', Latin poems
- (fol. 29v). Eight Latin poems apparently by Joannes Sagundinus, whose name heads the first
- (fol. 34). Three Latin poems apparently by 'Marius Phi[losophus]', whose name heads the first
- (fol. 35v). Five Latin poems by 'Gregorius Typhernus' (Gregorio Tifernas, a Greek)
On fol. 1 is a coat of arms party per fess or and azure, six cinquefoils pierced counterchanged.
- Creation: written perhaps in the first quarter of the 16th cent. in Italy
Language of Materials
MS. D'Orville 211
Auct. X. 1. 6. 22
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 17089
Our best descriptions for medieval items in this collection are in Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries under MSS. D'Orville.
On parchment, with an illuminated border on fol. 1
7 1/4 × 4 1/2 in.